Working and Living in Leeds
A centre for innovation and culture, surrounded by the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, Leeds is one of the most exciting cities in the UK. With a huge variety of career opportunities in the NHS, topped off with an affordable cost of living, it’s clear why Leeds is a top destination to live in the UK.
- A thriving city – Leeds is a vibrant, flourishing city, where outstanding facilities for music, sport and entertainment are complemented by a huge diversity of shopping, food, and drinks.
- An NHS Hub – home to three NHS trusts, a citywide clinical commissioning group, 100 GP Practices and a single GP Confederation, NHS Employers, NHS Improvement, NHS Digital, and the Department of Health, Leeds is a fantastic setting to start or continue your NHS career. Join the 58,000 NHS employees already based here.
- Countryside on your doorstep – escape the hustle and bustle of city life in a matter of minutes with the glorious Yorkshire Dales on your doorstep. Yorkshire folk don’t call it 'Gods Own Country' for nothing!
- Well connected – first-rate transport links make living in Leeds convenient for everyone. With excellent motorway links, surrounding cities are easily accessible. Hop on direct train lines to Scotland, Wales, London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool or travel further afield from the nearby Leeds Bradford airport.
- Excellent education – Leeds boasts a number of excellent state and independent schools making it a great location for families. The city is also home to four universities; the University of Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Leeds Trinity and the University of Law.
- Culture capital - Whether you’re visiting the Royal Armouries to get your history fix, taking a stroll in the gardens of Harewood House or catching the latest musical at one of the cities theatres, the opportunities for leisure are endless.
Living in Leeds
More than 750,000 people live in Leeds with additional commuters coming to work in the city every day. Extensive road, bus and rail services, allow people to live in the city centre, suburbs or commute in from outside the city. There’s a mixture of housing to suit individual tastes, from contemporary apartments in the heart of the city centre, or family homes close to the greenery of Roundhay Park.
Relocating? Let us help you make the move. Depending on the role, we offer relocation packages of up to £8000.
Find out more about working in our city and take a look at the Visit Leeds website.