Our aim is not to fund patient care, but to enhance and improve it – providing grants to projects that are over and above government funding. Leeds Community Healthcare Charity can make a difference by investing in new equipment; improving patient environments; or providing additional support for staff training.
Some examples of what Leeds Community Healthcare Charity has funded:
- An aquarium and colourful new duvets for children at Hannah House, a ‘home from home’ styled facility providing planned or emergency short-break care for children with complex health needs.
- Sickle Cell service social trip for patients and families to share experiences of their condition with other families in their community
- Makaton Foundation workshop - a language programme designed to provide a means of communication to individuals who cannot communicate efficiently by speaking, further training that goes above the 'taster' currently provided
- Plants and decorations for our Improving Access to Psychological Therapies clinic areas.
A donation given to Leeds Community Healthcare Charity can make a significant difference to people across Leeds, and a difference that will continue for years into the future. Donate to Leeds Community Healthcare Charity today to help us achieve more for the people of Leeds.
We are really delighted to have recently received a grant from NHS Charities as part of the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal.
This has enabled us to:
- Provide Clinical Psychologist support to all Trust staff, helping them cope with the additional pressures of the pandemic
- Boost staff morale with on-site provision of healthy lunches, fruit, hot drinks and biscuits
- Support staff wellbeing through the funding of fitness equipment and stress-management sessions. This has provided staff with greater support to continue to provide great care to patients even at difficult and busy times.
Fancy fundraising for us?
Could you sponsor our Yorkshire Three Peaks team?
Are you a local business that would like to make a donation?
Contact us today at: email@example.com
How to donate
You can donate online simply via our Local Giving page.
You can donate by post. You do this by sending a cheque made payable to Leeds Community Healthcare Charity, and send to: Finance Team at Stockdale House, Victoria Road, LS6 1PF. Please let us know if you have a preference for where your donation is used, although for the Charity to be able to respond to funding that benefits people using all our services, this does not create a legal obligation.
If you are a UK taxpayer it is possible for your donations to go a lot further. Signing up for Gift Aid means that for every £1 that you give, we get an extra 25p from the Inland Revenue and so is well worth it!
Gift Aid can be claimed on all the donations that you make, at no extra cost to you. When making a donation, please ask to sign up for Gift Aid or call us and we will send you a form to complete.